Sunday, August 19, 2007

Alas I got into a then 3 billion dollar IT gaint !

Alas I got into a then 3 billion dollar IT gaint !what it gave me over the months...its been 9 months now in TCS as a part of its culture and breeze.TCS is a consulting company that has its history spread over nearly 2 decades,Mr Ramadorai is the company CEO.

TCS has endless number of branches in India and spread across the globe, like the poor man's umbrella! I say poor man because TCS is not a great paymaster thou I must confess ppl from TCS (in IT) are among the richest in India. Its all because of its so called onsite!!Will tell u more on that later..

Initially I got placed to TCS thru the campus in 2005 June ,to be specific on 9th .It was a special Thursday for me. I always had good things coming my way on Thursdays and this one was a value add to that list !! Hurray! was the first word I uttered from my mouth after seeing my name written in pen on the bulletin board of JNNCE college Shimoga,it was a nodal centre for the recruitment.I was the only guy from my college who had carried a tie along with.

I was confident of cracking TCS even b4 I knew what TCS was and what that pattern of questions they followed..It was the first company that came for the campus and they clubbed three colleges and almost it was a fight out. A fierce battle to survive the hottest race to get into India's No 1 (:) wink) IT Company that boasted of 3 billion dollar revenues!(man that’s a huge money believe me)..There were 1700 of them from three colleges who wrote the written test! I was alas one of the 39 students picked!

800 cleared the written test and only 39 were winners after literally a shootout in the interview. Where we were grilled like a sandwich (without even some valid vegetables stuffed into but they grilled to the core till the bread started to crack down.).. no doubt few had the bread and butter coming out after all the tossing and toppling..(Most of the restrooms were flooded!)I remember being in empty stomach for more than 13 hrs (that’s the time my interview lasted -incl waiting period staring at the HRs who seemed be REAALLY busy though in reality had nothing to do at all...

After asking a series of questions like where do u see yourself 10 yrs from now and all that u can imagine! (time pass questions) they came to business. Asked me to write codes! Almost i jotted 8 programs before being sent out saying Il need to wait for their results..I had to travel back to Harihar and they had not announced the results yet. that made me even more tensed..but mind u..I never ever had a iota of doubt of not being selected! I knew il make it (don’t know where i got all the confidence from)..hmm...

yes was ultimately in TCS...that’s June ..my first taste of the upcoming honeymoon ! (I had not married the company yet - coz no offer letter or no joining letter was issued) ...

5 comments:

Suresh S Murthy said...

Now the posts look pretty good! U have started off really well! I wish u have a gr8 time in blogosphere:)

Karthik Prasad said...

Thanks kano..nin pic change madu !

Anonymous said...

hello friends. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking allowing for regarding that singular model. The prices due to the fact that the boots are about 350 bucks everwhere. But for all I base this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what do you think?

神待ち said...

神待ち少女を助けられるのは貴方しかいません。是非近所でウロウロしている少女を助けてあげてください。

オークション said...

「オークションちゃんねる」は最新家電から高級ブランド、話題のゲーム機まで人気商品が最大99%オフで落札できる欧米で大人気のオークションサイトです!激安アイテムやまさかのレアアイテムなど掘り出し物を探してみてください!