Sunday, August 19, 2007

Was it a battle or a desperation to get phew !

Battle for Offer letter and Joining letter: Once in my wildest dream I had dreamt that TCS would not issue me the offer letter ..it almost went on to become true when I did not receive any intimation from the company for many months after my selection..I was like a bird without feathers..

A BIRD WHO FEARED TO FLY HIGH! lolzzbut i preferred to walk like a penguin. not taking the risk. trust me i have never asked even once anybody for my offer letter..It went on and on..waiting...June..July..August..September..I had not even got a intimation (on papers) that I was selected by them..TCS : Totally clueless syndrome ! Had developed in me..Then the sun as usual wet his eyes on the east releasing a wave of hope to me when I found that my offer letters had come to my college..HEY ONE MORE THING..WE DINT KNOW ABOUT HOW MUCH SALARY PACKAGE TCS OFFERED US !!


it was a small package finally when i saw it. but did not regret because of the brand name this company had created in the corporate world.Now that we got a offer letter from tcs,I again became a true tcser (totally clueless syndrome)..I was patient again to wait for the so called joining letter...days passed cluelessly..My lecturers wondered why there was so much delay in the arrival of the joining letter only from this company!! I always pacified them (just to protect the shame) that big companies took much time to issue letters just to ensure that ppl are with them though they delayed the process (ya I am with them after all their torture :) just kidding )..

Finally the bell rang in the month of August 2006 !! it was a small cyber cafe where I ran to see if I was blessed with a mail from the HRs as my friends had received one!!ya there was a mail popping out of my inbox shouting at me for the delay in opening it. it could not resist itself from saying where and when I had to join,..now TCS again did something that I had not expected. Totally clueless...:)

Subject line of the mail read: "your joining @kolkata ILP on 25th Sept 2006" in the body of the mail was given Hyderabad address.!!!!!now i wondered if there is a small kolkata in hyd!HRs never gave any info abt this small Kolkata in hyd...or a big Hyd in even bigger Kolkata...no one picked my calls..HRs here are extremely intelligent when it comes to picking up calls... I tried to call them from various coin booths, std(pls dont take it as Sexually transmitted diseases :)) centres, different cell phones in vain.. They have a list of all the numbers, public phones,PCOs etc to knw that a aspiring ILPate is calling them to ask for joining details. They are just fed up and attached to the so called TCS (as i have always talked abt this syndrome).But I continued to luv this org though I dint even had first night with it !but i knew somewhere someday il get married to this big boss who pretends to be clueless..now it was the the time to test my patience when I got to know abt the place of ilp ! it was Kolkata - city of joy !!date remained same ! 25th sept 2006 but it was a place 1800 km from where i was staying(Bangalore)..and trust me I dint have a single known person to go with or in the ilp..ILP was just 20 days away.

*ILP : Initial Learning Program by TCS to groom the newbies on Softskills and Technical thingies..World Class training is offfered.It can be the most memoriable days in one's life.


I had to get so many certificates, affidavits to prove ,thousands of annexure !!..oops..
* I m not criminal,
* I am I,
*I am born !~
*Taking birth was not enough where also mattered for them !
*plan my travel..
* had to undergo medical test
* had to again wait for the joining letters..

These were classified under "Mandatory" list ! so had to get them somehow.

No comments: